Resignation: Oliseh even had clashes with his family for running Nigeria's Football affairs with his personal money


Ex coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria,Sunday Oliseh has revealed that his wife is angry with him for spending his personal money to carry out his job in the national team.

Oliseh requested for funds so he could be able to go round Europe to watch some Super Eagles players ahead of the double header with Egypt next month. His request was however turned down by the cash strapped Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

Speaking at a session at the ongoing Social Media Week Lagos, hours before he announced his resignation as Super Eagles coach- Oliseh said his wife and children are already angry with him for using his personal money to make trips to visit his players. Oliseh is married to an Ethiopian woman, Hafidah. 

I'm handicapped because our foreign players are with their clubs. Camp is 20 that's why we pushed the match to 25,” Oliseh said while answering questions about his preparations for the double header with Egypt next month.
Sunday Oliseh
“I have spent so much to visit players and my wife and children are angry,” Oliseh said.  
I will be in Germany to watch a player this weekend. I'm still awaiting funds so I can go see my players.”
Speaking ahead of the crucial clash with Egypt, Oliseh admitted that The Pharaohs are at an advantage because they have been together for a long time.
The Egyptian have a huge advantage over us. The core of the team are home based. Just three foreign base in the team,”Oliseh said.
But this Egypt is not the one we have four years ago, this is Nigeria, we can beat anybody if we get everything right,” Oliseh enthuses.

Read the resignation letter he submitted this morning:

 Dear General Secretary of NFF,

Object: Letter of Resignation.

 Due to incessant Violations of our signed agreement (Contract) I am hereby informing you of my decision to terminate our working collaboration signed in July 2015. 

The most important objective is for the Super Eagles Of Nigeria to qualify to the next AFCON and the World Cup 2018. 

Since so little help is being rendered me in getting the players to give their best and very vital conditions and advantages to the team play are also being sacrificed coupled with non redress of the aforementioned despite my several e mails and others, seeking your aid to effectively carry out my duties were ignored. 

These unconducive working conditions that my coaching crew and myself have to live with, your contractual violations and the interest of the nation necessitates that I tender my resignation and recourse to the termination of our working agreement. Many thanks for the opportunity to serve my fatherland.
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Choose the (anonymous) profile if you do not have any of the other mentioned profiles (Let us hear your opinion)