Efcc denies arrest of imo ex governor Okorocha and his wife

The Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission ( EFCC ) has denied the
arrest of the immediate Governor of
Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, and his
wife Gerald.
However, in the light of Okorocha’s exit
from office as governor of Imo, reports
began to circulate online on Thursday
that he had been arrested by the EFCC.
Advertise With Us
It was said that the anti-graft
commission stormed his residence and
made the arrest and also sealed his
Eastern Palm University, Ogboko.
However, when the Punch contacted the
EFCC’s Acting Head, Media, and
Publicity, Tony Orilade, he said, “It is
fake news.”
Asked if he was aware of the source of
the fake news, Orilade said, “We don’t
investigate the source of
disinformation. We investigate
financial and economic crimes. So, if
anybody is quoting us, we can then take
it up.”
Recall that Okorocha had on
Wednesday predicted his arrest while
warning that he will fight back at all
plans to silence him.
Recall that the immediate governor had
issued a stern warning to the new
administration of the state not to
“fight him politically”.
Okorocha said this while speaking
before handing over to Emeka
Ihedioha as new Governor of Imo State.
He said, “As I walk out of this
government house, let no one
Ex gov Okorocha 
fight me
and I will not fight anybody.
“When you remove this seal of
governance off my face, you will see
the real Rochas. The real Rochas is still
asleep, if not bigger than the governor,
so let no one fight me and I will not
fight anybody.”
The ex-Governor of Imo alleged that
there is an ongoing conspiracy to arrest
and try him.
“Why I say so is there seems to be a
gang up and conspiracy to hold me
down politically but I don’t think they
can hold me down politically because
what God has ordained must surely
come to pass. I will leave you for good
and I will wish you well,” Okorocha
stated.
There has been an ongoing power tussle
between Okorocha and Ihedioha since
the latter won the 2019 governorship
election of the state ahead of the
immediate governor’s son-in-law who is
also his preferred candidate, Uche
Nwosu.

Comments